Hong Kong 2007

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

3 Shots Down, 4 Perscriptions Later, and 8 Days until Take Off...maybe I should pack?

Marge Goes to China....this is going to be good. First, thank you Becca Jane Cody for all of your help in creating this blog- seriously, I don't know if it would have happened without you doing it and sending me instructions on how to blog. Huge help :)

Not sure how many followers I will have but I hope this is a place I can write down the everyday life details I will have once I get to Hong Kong and bring you all a few laughs during the day (ok- let's be honest..it will probably be a lot  more than just a few!!). Hope you enjoy!

So the trip. I am going to Hong Kong for work and will be working out of our Hong Kong office for 10 weeks (for non math people I return home Dec 17th). I have only really met one person in this office and am really excited to get to know everyone else! Word on the street is it's a quite office with about 30 people who work there and it's on the 46th floor of a building- now you know exactly as much as I do. I will be living in an apartment on Hong Kong Island and  have been told it's a 5 minute walk to work (I do have shorter legs so I'm going to go ahead and plan on 10 mins..). I hope to travel some when I get there but really just plan on doing my current job of Test Center Planning for the CFA Exam and build relationships with people I work with daily who live in India, Vietnam, and Pakistan. Should be a wonderful experience and I look forward to sharing all that I learn with everyone!

The days that are left stateside are filled up with lunches, happy hours, dinners, football games, weddings, birthdays, and family but I could not be more excited to see so many people before leaving! Thank goodness for my mom who is taking time off on Friday to come to Charlottesville to help me pack (by help I mean pack for me because I might not be the greatest packer in town..) so I am looking forward to spending time with her and making one last Target visit! I am then going to head to Randolph Macon with some friends for a football game on Friday and celebrate with them all at a wedding on Saturday before heading back to Charlottesville for 2 more days stateside. WOW! I feel like writing that shows I have a lot to get done in a short amount of time.

Really glad I have the 3 shots over with (btw- the flu shot this year hurt a lot more than the Polio shot) and look forward to crossing more things off my to do list! First I do have a happy hour to attend after work so I need to get back to send off some emails..

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment