Hong Kong 2007

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Best Time of the YEAR!

That's right ladies and gentelmen! It's BASKETBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!! Woop woop! Best time of year is finally here!

I don't know about in your house but where I come from (i.e. 212 South Bank Drive) basketball is a BIG DEAL. Those are some of the best conversations when I call home and talk to dad about any basketball game that's been on TV. Dad knows everything about basketball, coaches, sports in general and I am so lucky he has shared that love with me!

So even while I am 13 hours AHEAD of East Coast Time I am still keeping up with all the games. And this morning was a BIG GAME that I couldn't miss!! The Kentucky Wildcats were taking on the Duke Blue Devils. BIG GAME!!!! I was born in the Bluegrass state and have always loved the CATS but I was lucky enough to be a ball girl (kid?) for the Blue Devils so I enjoy cheering them on as well! (and really love Coach K and his good ole Army background).

So I was logged onto ESPN this morning around 10:30am for the start of the game at 9:40 EST. Since it is a Wednesday I did have to get a lot of work done (exam takes place in 2 weeks!!) so I could only watch the score climb as the minutes in the half went down. WOW Duke must of looked good to be leading after the 1st half!



And then it was lunch time here. I joined a group for Dim Sum (something pretty amazing- a ton of different dishes and you share everything- it was so good!!!) but I had to miss the 2nd half. Don't worry thought, I came back and saw all the highlights and the end score. Congrats, Duke- you are ranked 9th and beat the number 3 seed. Gooood luck to both teams this season! Can't wait to ge thome to watch the games!

Either way, I was wearing blue today so I was a winner no matter what team won :) (Ok..maybe it was a navy blue dress but whatever.)

OOOOOOOOOH and While I'm talking basketball- I have some major questions. Who can explain this?!?!?!?!??


INDIANA #1!??!?!?! MOM- this picture is for you because I am pretty sure this is the first time in about 15 years or longer this has ever happened (mom is born and raised an IU girl and hasn't been able to participate in the fun in basketball the last couple of years because red has not been an "in" color..) AND North Caroline STATE ranked #6?!?!??!?! Red must be a color of the season...
 
Funny......that Caroline Blue color must have been so last year because it's not even showing up in the top 10. Juuuuuust saying :)
 
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!! sending love!

No comments:

Post a Comment