Hong Kong 2007

Sunday, November 11, 2012

SATURDAY- Research Challenge in Hong Kong

OOOOOOOOOH Saturday! It was a good ole morning here in Hong Kong and I started the day a little late (around 10ish) with a walk around town before having to head to the CFA Research Challenge.

I took off and had caught mom and dad at home- the first time in a long time to get to talk to BOTH of them during the same call!! Dad was watching the Kentucky Basketball game and I was jel I wasn't there with him! It was so wonderful to hear their voices. It had been one of those hard weeks here in Hong Kong and have really missed all of you who are State side!!! So it was so great to hear some familiar voices throughout the weekend :) Makes you realize how blessed you truly are.

Moving on from the walk I ended up at the FLYING PAN! This is one restaurant that I have really been wanting to go to and just have not yet. Its 24 hours breakfast- think Waffle House but 100x better. It was clean, the menu was huge and took me about 10 minutes to order! After ordering the waitress asked if I would mind sharing my little table for 2 with someone who was sitting at the bar stool (he was sitting between 2 seats and a party of 3 was waiting..) of course I said yes! I was in need of a friend, he looked nice (actually really nice- jeans, sweater with a button up, drinking a latte) and come to find out- we ordered the same thing. He lives in Amsterdam and was there for business- he works for a bike company (haha- of course he does!) and we had great conversation all through our breakfast date! Never asked his name but it was a great start to the morning!!!!!

Moving on to the Research Challenge. I headed off and met Jennifer to help me get to the hotel. It was a wonderful experience getting to see the 8 teams from all different Universities from Hong Kong present to the judges and get asked really hard questions on their research. This was INTENSE research- I mean one group had a 100 page report! I was so so glad to be part of the experience.


After attending that event all afternoon and into the night Dan, Adrian and I headed off for food and a beer. Adrian took us to this awesome restaurant called Inside Out. It was AWESOME!! Peanuts you drop on the floor, big beers, great menu, etc. Great spot!


All in all it was fantastic. We left there and headed back towards home- it had been a LONG day and it was about 10pm by the time we got back. Of course I was hungry because we did not eat at the bar and I had only had some finger food at the Research Challenge so I headed out and up the hill to my good ole pizza place. I got a slice to go, a little thing of ice cream and a water. It had been one of those weekends and I was in need of comfort food.....but I have to say. The pizza really disappointed me and I didn't even eat it all. SHOCKER. I know. thankgod for the ice cream :)

Hope you all had a great Saturday!!!! It's crazy here they are already decorating for Christmas! Which actually really makes it wonderful since I won't be with family and friends for Thanksgiving.

MISS YOU ALL. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment